Home Care and Community Services
Uniting AgeWell’s aim is to reduce the risk of infection and support our clients to remain safe and well at home. We’ll keep you informed on how we will continue to assist you and the additional supports we can provide.
Update 24 June 2021
All in-home care services continue to be delivered us usual.
Below are some examples of services we currently provide and will continue to provide during COVID-19, noting that some may change on future advice of government and medical authorities:
- Personal care and domestic assistance
- Escorted travel to essential medical appointments such as for flu vaccinations, radiology, pathology or transfusions
- Escorted visits for essential supplies e.g. for goods that can only be found in pharmacies
- Support with accessing on-line shopping and the delivery and packing away of shopping
- Arrangement for meals on wheels and the pick-up and delivery of meals from friends and family
- Garden maintenance with one of our quality assured gardening team members, who have been trained in no contact and social distancing requirements
- Nursing and allied health services including occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Development of exercise programs to stay active and healthy at home
Here is the latest information on the COVID-19 support services we can provide and the contact numbers for your local Uniting AgeWell team:
- Home Support Services Guide for Victoria
- Home Support Services Guide for Tasmania
- Essential Shopping and Escorted Transport Services
- It's OK to have home care
- Keeping you safe with Smart Home
Find our Home Care team near to you.