Uniting AgeWell's response to COVID-19
Our priority is to keep people safe across our aged care residences and our community services and programs. We know that older people are at risk of contracting coronavirus and having a serious illness as a result.
Uniting AgeWell continues to do everything it possibly can to reduce the risk of infection.
Stay up-to-date with our current COVID-19 protocols, across each of our service areas, below.
With the level of community transmission of COVID-19 easing, and in line with Government health advice, surgical facemasks rather than N95 masks and face shields will be worn when visiting unless there is an outbreak within the facility or an exposure risk.
Visitors will continue to be screened and required to have a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) with a negative result prior to entering our facilities.
Please do not attend a Uniting AgeWell facility if you:
- have symptoms of COVID-19
- have had a COVID-19 PCR test and are waiting for the result
- are required to isolate or quarantine
- have had contact with a COVID-19 positive person in the past 7 days or deemed a close contact and have not returned a negative COVID-19 RAT or PCR test
- have recorded a positive COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) prior to entry
- are feeling unwell for any reason
Uniting AgeWell’s primary concern is always the health and wellbeing of all residents, clients and staff and maintaining a safe living and work environment for all.
While the COVID-19 situation is easing, we ask visitors to remain vigilant. For those who are yet to receive their second booster (4th dose) COVID-19 vaccination, we strongly encourage you to do so.
All visitors must continue to adhere to Uniting AgeWell's Safe Visiting Guidelines. Please click on the link below for full details.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.Read Uniting AgeWell's Safe Visiting Guidelines
Our home care team have taken the following precautions to help keep our home care clients safe:
- Mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccination for all Uniting AgeWell staff
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Staff will always wear appropriate PPE in line with our policies and current public health advice.
- Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT)
- Hygiene and infection management protocols
- Our staff undertake their own screening process before they commence their work day. We will always ask how you are feeling before we enter your home. Please notify us if you or a household member is unwell, has COVID-19 or related symptoms, or is a close contact. This enables staff to be well prepared with any additional precautions needed to keep everyone safe, including other clients.
AgeWell Centres - Allied Health, Social Support, Carer Respite
Centre-based services have returned, with some modified services continuing to be available to individuals in their own homes. Please get in touch with your local AgeWell Centre for further information.
All staff facilitating our wellbeing programs take the following precautions:
- Staff wearing masks at all time
- Asking customers when they attend if they have COVID or any symptoms
- Social distancing in all sessions
- Wiping down of all equipment in-between customers and sessions
- Hand hygiene routinely
- Customers wearing masks except when eating/drinking/exercising
Independent Retirement Living
Our aim is to support you to remain safe, to maintain your independence and wellbeing at home and assist you should you contract COVID-19 or become a close contact.
As you are living in a community setting, it is very important that we all work together to slow the spread of infection.
Things you can do to minimise risk of infection
- If you or someone in your household is unwell, or awaiting a PCR result, or has returned a positive PCR or RAT result - notify your Uniting AgeWell Housing Officer or Concierge immediately
- Remain fully vaccinated
- Follow state and federal government mandates
- Wear a mask, where required
- Wash your hands often
Get in touch
We have offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria and Tasmania.Find your local office