A welcoming and tight-knit community
Situated on a quiet street in Mount Waverley, a stone’s throw from Blackburn Road, Yernga independent retirement living units provide a variety of living options for independent and active seniors.
For more information about independent retirement living at Yernga contact our friendly team today.
Vibrant, modern apartment living
- Choose from a selection of 22 one-bedroom and 9 two-bedroom
- All units are fully renovated with reverse cycle heating and cooling
- Daily fees apply and cover building insurance, land rates, water rates, maintenance (on our property) and gardening
- Residents are responsible for their own utility fees
Enjoy amenities to keep active or relax with friends
- Community hall
- Central gardens
- Four double tennis courts
- Communal BBQ
- Pergola area
- All units have their own lockable storage cupboard space located in a common area
Stay connected and build your social circle
- Regular activities, games and social events are arranged by the on site residents
- A bus stop is conveniently located only 5 minutes away, which can connect with train or tram services
Access support, as you need it
- Uniting AgeWell Home Care support including cleaning, personal care, ironing and shopping may be provided, if requested. These services are available on a fee-for-service basis, or through a Federal Government-funded Home Care Package
- When the time comes, Uniting AgeWell makes the sometimes difficult process of moving into residential aged care seamless
- Priority is given to Uniting AgeWell independent retirement living residents when transitioning to one of our aged care facilities
The best decision I ever made was to come to Yernga six years ago.
It’s a very social community and everyone is welcome to get involved or arrange social events. I’ve met a lot of new friends here. We have a social gathering every Wednesday afternoon and in the summer we do that outdoors because we’ve got beautiful outdoor furniture, an umbrella and barbecue. We also play board games in the hall every Tuesday, get together monthly for a pizza and movie night, have a morning tea and guest speak or performer monthly. We also have beautiful gardens, including a vegetable garden where we grow pumpkin, herbs, tomatoes. When the pumpkin is harvested we have an event in the hall and have soup and a movie.
Yernga Bedroom: Double Bed
Yernga Bedroom: Single Bed
Yernga Living Room
Yernga Living/ Dining Area
The health, safety and wellbeing of our residents, clients and staff is our absolute priority.
Uniting AgeWell’s COVID-19 response continues to evolve as the situation and risk changes.
We are committed to keeping clients and families informed of any changes.
32-42 Larch Crescent,
Mt Waverley VIC 3149
Book a tour
Take a personal tour and see the AgeWell difference for yourself. Book now to find out how we can support you to age well and live the life you want.
** Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation, not all sites are available for tours. Where tours are possible, safe visiting protocols are in place, which include pre-screening, social distancing and hygiene requirements before entry into the facility. No tours are possible without an appointment.
Independent Retirement Living
With a vibrant community feel and beautiful views over the Tamar River and Launceston, the Aldersgate Village independent retirement living units provide a variety of living options for independent and active seniors.Phone: (03) 6323 8200
Address: 3 Tallentire Road, Newnham TAS 7248
Located in inner-city Melbourne, Amarco Apartments offers spacious, modern retirement living in a thriving community and safe environment.Phone: (03) 9680 0500
Address: 9 Edgar Street, Kingsville VIC 3012
In the heart of Camberwell and surrounded by parkland and gardens, Condare Court independent retirement living units enable seniors to remain active and independent.Phone: (03) 9845 3139
Address: 8 Joffre Street, Camberwell VIC 3124
Costa Court Serviced Apartments
Costa Court Serviced Apartments offers independent living with the benefit of included cleaning and meal services.Phone: (03) 5243 9566
Address: 48 Settlement Road, Belmont VIC 3216
Cottage Gardens independent living units in Mornington offer retirees independence and peace of mind.Phone: (03) 6208 3208
Address: 281 Cambridge Road, Mornington TAS 7018