23 April 2020
The challenges and risks associated with COVID-19 are unprecedented. It’s an unsettling time for everyone and people are understandably anxious. Normal routines and social connections are disrupted and for many people, accessing services and supplies is becoming increasingly difficult
At Uniting AgeWell, our primary focus is the health and wellbeing of senior Australians. Aside from our normal home care, allied health and social support services, we’ve put in place some additional supports to help you get through COVID-19 and maintain your independence and wellbeing at home.
Below are some examples of services we currently provide and will continue to provide during COVID-19, noting that some may change on future advice of government and medical authorities:
- Personal care and domestic assistance
- Escorted travel to essential medical appointments such as for flu vaccinations, radiology, pathology or transfusions
- Escorted visits for essential supplies e.g. for goods that can only be found in pharmacies
- Support with accessing on-line shopping and the delivery and packing away of shopping
- Arrangement for meals on wheels and the pick-up and delivery of meals from friends and family
- Garden maintenance with one of our quality assured gardening team members, who have been trained in no contact and social distancing requirements
- Nursing and allied health services including occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Development of exercise programs to stay active and healthy at home
We recently wrote to all Uniting AgeWell Home Care clients to provide more details on the COVID-19 support services we can provide and the contact numbers for your local Uniting AgeWell team. Here is the latest information:
For previous communications read more here.
Get in touch
We have offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria and Tasmania.Find your local office